Wedding Update and My Weekend
Wedding update: Still not much. We've completed our Engaged Class with the church. At "graduation" we received two certificates; one for us to keep, and a cheap-o one for the church's records. We're sooo excited that this class is over. We loved the couple who ran the class, we just didn't like the time-suck it created. So much thinking to do the homework! It's good because it's stuff we need to think about, it's bad because it was sooo rushed. I told Phillip that I wanted to go over some more stuff at a later date. I thought I'd blogged about it, but I don't see it. Maybe I commented on Facebook instead. I've ordered my dress. I wasn't so certain as my mom and sister, but as I look at pictures, I really like it. Of course, a foot or two will have to be cut from the bottom, but what else is new? I'm just too short. :>( The picture I posted was of a rejected dress, and I won't be sharing the actual dress b/ I want it to be a surprise and not, "that looks so much better now that it's altered". We've started some ideas on how to make our party favors, but there aren't any plans yet. We have to see if our ideas have even worked out with the samples we've attempted. We're also planning a meet-n-greet for the Bridal Party. While the groomsmen all know each other, my bridesmaids don't know each other or the guys. The stars have finally aligned and both KT and Heather will be in town the same weekend. There will be this party and some bridesmaid dress shopping with all three of them. Yea!! I gave up my engagement ring for the week. It's back at Shane Co. for re-sizing. I'm afraid that it'll be too small come summertime, but it'll be OK with me as long as it stays on my hand when I'm cold. This weekend, I saw Phillip's family a lot because Maria's cousin, Liberalina, was in town. Friday night I went over there for dinner, and she cooked up a storm. We had rice, Portuguese bread from a bakery, cioppino, and a fritata-like version of bacalhau (fish casserole). The next night, after dance class, she cooked another bacalhau and more cioppino. Phillip made some pao de queijo (yummy cheese bread), and the quinoa salad. We ate too much!! This weekend, I also managed to rest a little bit. Granted, I had errands to run and food to make (for this week) in my "spare" time, but I also got to read a magazine AND watch that Jim Carrey movie, "Dick and Jane". I've seen it on TV, but it's better to see the whole thing straight through. My favorite part was about the botox for her and his working with the immigrants. Anyway, it's getting way too late and I have to go to bed.

1 Comments:
love the wedding update information.... keep it coming!
By
Crazy, At
4/15/2011 05:09:00 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home