Fresh & Easy
This is a new grocery store that's migrated up from the L.A. area. My new manager raves about it and he can't wait for the one next to the A St. Target to be built. They offer quick, fresh, packaged food. I went to the one that just opened on Santa Rita Road yesterday. It was OK. The prices are better at Trader Joe's for carrots and you can pick your produce a little more there. At F&E, most of the food is packed and bagged. There is no deli, meat, or bakery counters. Everything is processed at their main facility in Riverside. They have a very good selection of rice and grains, though, and all in one pound bags for around $3. Well, compared to Safeway and Trader Joe's, it's a good variety. Plus, the smaller bags are more do-able for me than getting a giant bag from Ranch 99. If there isn't a sale at a bigger chain, then the tomato sauce and paste is cheap (under $.50/can). I purchased a bag of F&E "cheetos" and I like them. They also have a good selection of nuts. In fact, the snack food and pre-packaged sandwiches and salads will be a great thing to have next to work. Target's prepared sandwiches and salads are pricy and not too great. So, this store is a hit-n-miss, depending on what you want from this store. Oh, and this may be of some concern to people. As I walked into the store, there were the flyers with prices and a different flyer with "Sorry for any inconvenience union protesters may have caused you" as the title. HUH?? I read it, and they're non-union. UFCW isn't too happy about that, but as long as F&E continues to give their employees competitive wages and benefits, I don't think that there will be too much of a problem. Heck, there weren't any protesters outside the store when I went. The back side of the flyer promotes the great company that is F&E and how they promote good employees and give back to the local community.

4 Comments:
Why are my blogs posting w/o spacing between paragraphs again??
By
amy, At
4/17/2011 07:33:00 PM
Mine too. It's frustrating. You have to write it under the "format html" option. What gives, blogger?
By
yellowrose15, At
4/22/2011 02:25:00 PM
thanks for sharing a new store in the area. it's nice to know our (future) options.
By
Crazy, At
5/02/2011 08:00:00 PM
We have these in Vegas too. Actually they recently closed a bunch of them but there are still a few left.
By
Chappy & Bailey, At
5/06/2011 10:39:00 AM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home