Classes and Shamrocks
My bruise is STILL not gone. It's been two weeks, people. It turned into a huge, nasty thing that you can see in my bridal dress shopping pictures. It's almost gone, and the part that is left isn't sore anymore, but I'm not too sure about trying again anytime soon. Dad says that he's got the same problem with his left arm not willing to donate blood and that the blood vampire can get better flow out of his right arm.
If you haven't heard much from me these past couple of weeks it's because I've been busy with a lot of classes. (I'm slacking on the birthay calls, too.) Through April, Phillip and I are taking a ballroom dance class on Saturday afternoons, and our Engagement class on Wednesday nights. We're reviewing homework on Tuesday nights for the Engagement class. On Mondays, I've got a Zumba class after work, and I haven't decided if I like it yet. On top of all those, Phillip is taking 3 classes online (2 accounting and 1 French). I don't consider this class per se, but it's a standing obligation, and we also go to church every Sunday morning at 8am. Louis' has been going with us and he's usually the best singer sitting in the pews surrounding us.
Phillip's 1st 5K, Dublin's Shamrock Run/Walk
This past Sunday, March 13th, Maria, Louis, and I watched Phillip finish his very 1st 5K!!! We were all sooo proud of him. Aside from getting caught in the back of the "race" with the strollers and dogs, he ran the entire part that he could - over two miles. He finished 99x/over 1600 participants. Not bad, huh?? :>) I told him that he'll do much better next year. In fact, next year's race could be a walking goal for me. If I can get up to a 20min/mile, the 5K would only take me an hour. hmmmm. I'll post the rest of my pictures on Facebook so that I can easily share them with Louis, Phillip, and Teresa (Phillip's coworker who gave him lots of good running training tips).

2 Comments:
Congratulations to Phillip on an excellent job with the 5K!! He's looking great. Good luck on Zumba --- a friend of our's likes it a lot. I wish there was like a disco aerobics or something. I'd be more open to something like that.....
By
Crazy, At
3/15/2011 06:46:00 PM
Congrats to Phi! He looks great! Never tried Zumba so let me know how it goes. The ballroom dance class is going to be great for your wedding :)
By
carolyn, At
3/24/2011 06:47:00 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home