Changes, Weddings, Retirements, and Passports
More updates and changes.
Lisa is moving home, and I believe she's here this weekend with Greg coming next week. Carolyn has a new job and starts Monday. My parents will have Dan and the girls at their house for the next month. I'm trying to chop away at the Wedding To-Do List. Phillip is trying to organize what we want to do with the house. Mom's foot is actually healing, and I'm so proud of her for actually staying off her foot and listening to the doctors.
Wedding Stuff:
We've now got the cake and DJ reserved. We're interviewing photographers this week. I'm getting fabric samples from a local bridal shop next week. The STDs are slowly trickling out of the apartment as we finally/almost have names and addresses confirmed. My next big task is to decide on flowers and florist-or-friend. I have my seamstress lined up for my alterations and the bridesmaids' alterations, and to make my veil and the girls' dresses (if I can't find anything for them). I have the Rehearsal date reserved with the wedding coordinator at the church. We've got the pianist and singer reserved at the church. We've got the Tias helping us to figure out how to make our favor,s and Claire on board to help me decide/research accent colors and flowers. The Wedding Binder has been upgraded to a 1 1/2" ring size, but I fear I may have to get a 2" one soon.
When I get back to work on Monday, Dolores will have 9 days left before she retires. Debbie, Dolores' replacement will be there to begin training. I've been informed that I'll be sitting in on the training process as I'll be able to understand a lot more than Debbie (esp when Dolores starts to use the wrong word for something). Debbie, unfortunately, will be on vacation the following week, Dolores' last week. I hope it all go smoothly.
I'm going to a birthday party for Miss Sophia tomorrow. It's the first birthday party I've been able to attend, so I bought presents for the big-5-yr-old. On Sunday, we're going to another 5K (go Phillip go!) and then out to Tracy for a Father's Day lunch.
Anyway, I'm tired. I spent my day off (yea Furlough) running errands. I got my passport photo done, so I'm going to try to download the application. I ruined the real, paper one last month by completing it in blue ink and not black (as the directions say). I may be paranoid, but it clearly says BLACK INK on the form, so I'm going to re-do it. I don't want it to be rejected. I just want it to be done with.
Lisa is moving home, and I believe she's here this weekend with Greg coming next week. Carolyn has a new job and starts Monday. My parents will have Dan and the girls at their house for the next month. I'm trying to chop away at the Wedding To-Do List. Phillip is trying to organize what we want to do with the house. Mom's foot is actually healing, and I'm so proud of her for actually staying off her foot and listening to the doctors.
Wedding Stuff:
We've now got the cake and DJ reserved. We're interviewing photographers this week. I'm getting fabric samples from a local bridal shop next week. The STDs are slowly trickling out of the apartment as we finally/almost have names and addresses confirmed. My next big task is to decide on flowers and florist-or-friend. I have my seamstress lined up for my alterations and the bridesmaids' alterations, and to make my veil and the girls' dresses (if I can't find anything for them). I have the Rehearsal date reserved with the wedding coordinator at the church. We've got the pianist and singer reserved at the church. We've got the Tias helping us to figure out how to make our favor,s and Claire on board to help me decide/research accent colors and flowers. The Wedding Binder has been upgraded to a 1 1/2" ring size, but I fear I may have to get a 2" one soon.
When I get back to work on Monday, Dolores will have 9 days left before she retires. Debbie, Dolores' replacement will be there to begin training. I've been informed that I'll be sitting in on the training process as I'll be able to understand a lot more than Debbie (esp when Dolores starts to use the wrong word for something). Debbie, unfortunately, will be on vacation the following week, Dolores' last week. I hope it all go smoothly.
I'm going to a birthday party for Miss Sophia tomorrow. It's the first birthday party I've been able to attend, so I bought presents for the big-5-yr-old. On Sunday, we're going to another 5K (go Phillip go!) and then out to Tracy for a Father's Day lunch.
Anyway, I'm tired. I spent my day off (yea Furlough) running errands. I got my passport photo done, so I'm going to try to download the application. I ruined the real, paper one last month by completing it in blue ink and not black (as the directions say). I may be paranoid, but it clearly says BLACK INK on the form, so I'm going to re-do it. I don't want it to be rejected. I just want it to be done with.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home