Life in the Golden State

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Freedom from debt!

My car is officially M...I....N...E!!!!!! That's right, people, MINE.

As of the letter dated 9/15/06, Chase Automotive Finance wanted to "take this opportunity to thank you [ahem, me!] for financing your [my] vehicle through Chase". That was nice of them. It's not like I had a choice in the matter. When I bought my car, this was where Honda told me to send payments....

If you read further down the letter, it says, "Your account has been fully satisfied. Enclosed is a check, which represents a refund of an overpayment." Appearently, the automated phone guy told me that my payoff balance was $2.01 more than it should have been. Bad computer. :>) I quite appreciate that Chase was so honest and actually sent a refund check w/o me having to request it.

I kinda knew that all of this went through a couple of days ago when I checked my account balance online. I'd seen that my check had cleared.... but, for some reason, this makes it more official. I'm sure that there will be more happiness to come when the title comes from the DMV w/ my name instead of the loan people.

:>) :>) :>) :>) :>) :>) :>) :>) :>) :>) :>) :>) :>) :>) :>) :>)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home