Happy Birthday, People!
So, I've been messing up on the birthdays this year. Things happen and I just forget to call or send the card and/or present. I used to be so good at remembering....
August birthdays were Uncle Denny and Eric from Humboldt. I'm not sure if either read this, but I hope you had a good day.
It's been a while since I last blogged. The world has kept turning and things with home and work are stressful, crazy, and I hope they're nearing the end.
I spent Labor Day weekend painting more floorboards and trim and doors and such at my brother's house. I also cleaned the garage and floors so that I didn't have to look at all the trash and dirt and whatnot. Where was OSHA when I needed them? :>) The holiday itself I celebrated the employment of the retail industry and bought me a Twin XL mattress (which was delivered, as promised, between 12-4pm on Friday). Afterwards, I had lunch and hung out with Phillip. We watched The Closer marathon on TNT. I've never been able to watch a whole episode before, but I'm definitely hooked. I learned how to do those suduko (sp?) puzzles and helped Rouja make dinner. She had it, so I mostly watched and gave encouragement. BTW, how are you supposed to leave the chicken fried steaks in the pan of oil for 45 min and not burn them or make them soggy??? We believed the recipie was wrong...
For the rest of the week, I went to work, confused as to how we're gonna get all the unfinnished tax returns done by Oct 15th. I had the opportunity to talk to Mrs. Heather-may twice and had dinner and a movie with Claire once. I've started my two exercise classes this week at the SLZ Adult School. I'm taking Pilates and Toning/Conditioning. Both classes kicked my ass. I'm sooo out of shape, I know, but the pilates makes me feel like the most uncoordinated person on the planet! On Saturday, I spent the afternoon w/ Phillip and then went to the city to see Carolyn for, drum roll, please..... dinner and a movie. It's quite the pattern lately. We had a TASTEY dinner at an Italian restaurant and then went back to her place to watch a not-so-good movie and to get Carolyn's laundry done. She didn't finish it all while I was there, but the mound of clothes that I could barely step over was definitely taken down by a few loads.
My Sunday was mostly spent at San Leandro High's class of '96 reunion at the marina. It was a pretty good turn-out and I have to give Phillip more credit for attending my formal affair. I'd gone as Carolyn's date, more or less, and got to socialize with the gang (sans Lisa, obviously, and Dayni, who was at work). As Carolyn and I were leaving the picnic, I met up with Christina Morris. She looked familiar and I kept eye-ing her as I tried to place how I knew her. She was talking with Phillip, but that wasn't it. She talked with Carolyn for a bit and then hugged me. Clearly, I knew her, but how?? Through Girl Scouts! That rang a bell, but for some reason, I couldn't remember that we were in the same troop in our high school years. I swore she was wrong, but I finally agreed with her. Last night, I kept thinking about it, and she was right. I don't know why I didn't remember. I remembered the years of day camp in the summer when I'd see her, but not the last few years of my scouting career. I have pictures to prove myself wrong, though, through my box of Girl Scout crap and my photo albums - both of which I unearthed last night. Isn't it odd how you forget the little and not-so-little details of your past? I'd always thought of Chrissy Morris as being younger then me, not the same age. Maybe it was the personality clash. She was so bubbly and energetic and kept with Jennifer Homer, Lindsay Aird, and Kate Snyder. I, on the other hand, hung out with the older girls in my troop: Sheila Homer, and Kim Fountain.... MEM-riiiiiess.....
August birthdays were Uncle Denny and Eric from Humboldt. I'm not sure if either read this, but I hope you had a good day.
September birthdays:
4th- Ethan, turned 3!
5th - Greg
8th - Julie
17th - KT
24th - Uncle Eric
27th - Sara
30th - Shirley
Happy Birthday, People!
It's been a while since I last blogged. The world has kept turning and things with home and work are stressful, crazy, and I hope they're nearing the end.
I spent Labor Day weekend painting more floorboards and trim and doors and such at my brother's house. I also cleaned the garage and floors so that I didn't have to look at all the trash and dirt and whatnot. Where was OSHA when I needed them? :>) The holiday itself I celebrated the employment of the retail industry and bought me a Twin XL mattress (which was delivered, as promised, between 12-4pm on Friday). Afterwards, I had lunch and hung out with Phillip. We watched The Closer marathon on TNT. I've never been able to watch a whole episode before, but I'm definitely hooked. I learned how to do those suduko (sp?) puzzles and helped Rouja make dinner. She had it, so I mostly watched and gave encouragement. BTW, how are you supposed to leave the chicken fried steaks in the pan of oil for 45 min and not burn them or make them soggy??? We believed the recipie was wrong...
For the rest of the week, I went to work, confused as to how we're gonna get all the unfinnished tax returns done by Oct 15th. I had the opportunity to talk to Mrs. Heather-may twice and had dinner and a movie with Claire once. I've started my two exercise classes this week at the SLZ Adult School. I'm taking Pilates and Toning/Conditioning. Both classes kicked my ass. I'm sooo out of shape, I know, but the pilates makes me feel like the most uncoordinated person on the planet! On Saturday, I spent the afternoon w/ Phillip and then went to the city to see Carolyn for, drum roll, please..... dinner and a movie. It's quite the pattern lately. We had a TASTEY dinner at an Italian restaurant and then went back to her place to watch a not-so-good movie and to get Carolyn's laundry done. She didn't finish it all while I was there, but the mound of clothes that I could barely step over was definitely taken down by a few loads.
My Sunday was mostly spent at San Leandro High's class of '96 reunion at the marina. It was a pretty good turn-out and I have to give Phillip more credit for attending my formal affair. I'd gone as Carolyn's date, more or less, and got to socialize with the gang (sans Lisa, obviously, and Dayni, who was at work). As Carolyn and I were leaving the picnic, I met up with Christina Morris. She looked familiar and I kept eye-ing her as I tried to place how I knew her. She was talking with Phillip, but that wasn't it. She talked with Carolyn for a bit and then hugged me. Clearly, I knew her, but how?? Through Girl Scouts! That rang a bell, but for some reason, I couldn't remember that we were in the same troop in our high school years. I swore she was wrong, but I finally agreed with her. Last night, I kept thinking about it, and she was right. I don't know why I didn't remember. I remembered the years of day camp in the summer when I'd see her, but not the last few years of my scouting career. I have pictures to prove myself wrong, though, through my box of Girl Scout crap and my photo albums - both of which I unearthed last night. Isn't it odd how you forget the little and not-so-little details of your past? I'd always thought of Chrissy Morris as being younger then me, not the same age. Maybe it was the personality clash. She was so bubbly and energetic and kept with Jennifer Homer, Lindsay Aird, and Kate Snyder. I, on the other hand, hung out with the older girls in my troop: Sheila Homer, and Kim Fountain.... MEM-riiiiiess.....

2 Comments:
thanks for the birthday love. i feel old coming on! and hey, i really think shirley's b-day is the 16th. this sticks with me since it makes her older than me! =P
By
Anonymous, At
9/14/2006 05:09:00 PM
Well, that makes more sense! I've ALWAYS had her birthday marked on the calendar for the 30th!! Dave sent out an evite for tomorrow to go to dinner and then have a bonfire on Ocean Beach. Claire and I couldn't figure out why he was having the party two weeks early... ooops.
And, you're welcome for the birthday love. I figured I'd get it in early instead of late (like I have been). I hope you have a good one and that your honey stays on land as promised/scheduled.
By
amy, At
9/15/2006 04:16:00 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home