Life in the Golden State

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Finals, Birthdays, and Graduations

I haven't blogged in the last few weeks because I've been busy. Crazy busy.

On the heels of Aunt Lynne's visit, I had the last of my homework to do before finals, baking, planning, and lots of activities. I shall post pictures in the next couple of posts for those of you who haven't received the Kodak emails.

Monday, May 19 - took a quiz for the HR class, veged-out due to exhaustion and feeling kinda sick

Tuesday, May 20 - shopped for presents, attended Book Buy Back at Chabot, got stood up by my teacher, and attended an A's game with Dad and Claire. "We" lost royally that night. HUGE errors that looked just as bad on the 10 o'clock news.

Wednesday, May 21 - finnished buying presents, shopped for Saturday's necessities, gotta flat tire fixed (Margie took Mom to the hospital for me), attended the San Lorenzo History class, baked chocolate chocolate chip cookies

Thursday, May 22 - brought Phillip and impressive display of cookies, crispy mint M&Ms, and a few balloons to his work, caught my flakey teacher on campus and got paperwork signed, hit up the ATM, checked on Mom, got ready for a night out at The Saddle Rack, went and had lots of fun, got another flat tire on the way home from PHillip's house

Friday, May 23 - baked two cakes, had lunch in the car with Phillip and Alex, attended Roxana's graduation at San Jose State, visited with Anna, and frosted cakes.... oh, and Dad had the day off and took care of my flat tire for me as I don't feel confident that I could change a flat by myself.

Saturday, May 24 - up early for Katie's graduation at San Jose State (I just like the place) with some nice seats in the wheelchair area, had lunch (and cake!) at a brewery at the Pruneyard, took Anna home, got everything together for Jen and Phillip's birthday party night of dinner, desserts, minigolf and karaoke, and then went to said event.

Monday, May 26 - struggled with Access final assignment until the ah-ha! moment brought clarity and I was able to complete and submit said assignment

Wednesday, May 28 - had to leave the house to study and got another flat tire, studied for HR final and got a 27/28, went to San Lorenzo History class.

Thursday, May 29 - season finale of "Lost"! Two hours of answers and, yet, not. Looking forward to the next season.

Saturday, May 31 - attended my San Lorenzo History class' field trip (saw the cemetary, church, teacher's own historical museum, and tested out teacher's walking tour for which the county will soon put up signs), went to the Cherry Festival with Claire.

These last few days I've been cleaning, catching up, and applying to jobs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home