Life in the Golden State

Thursday, March 04, 2010

My List

It's been a long time since my last post. I'm sorry, Dayni, my one faithful reader....

I can't say that nothing has been going on and that there is nothing to report, but I can say that I've been very, very busy.

  • I've been seeing the neices a lot.
  • I bought a new computer and spent a week trying to get it connected to the internet.
  • I've had dinner and lunches with friends (before the eating out ban)
  • I gave up on eating out for Lent
  • I gave up sweets (cakes, cookies, candies, ice cream, desserts in general) for Lent
  • I worked a Saturday at Sur La Table. It was a kids' class and some of you got to sample the goodies
  • I've started a guitar class. Phillip is taking it with me and is 10x better than I. I've got trouble with the fingering, and I don't practice enough. The teacher keeps a FAST pace.
  • I attended my first CAC (Council's Airport Committee) meeting for the city of Hayward because my supervisor couldn't attend... Oh, and I have minutes to type up still.
  • Claire and I saw the Star Trek exhibit at the San Jose Tech Museum the weekend I was down there condo-sitting.
  • For Valentine's Day, Phillip helped me to pick up my room. This was done in large part to relieve some of my stress and was easily accomplished by filing and shredding a ton of papers. Afterwards, we had a lovely dinner and relaxed the rest of the evening.
  • I attended a birthday party where poker and Jello were the theme. Being sick, I didn't partake in any Jello-shots. They sounded tastey and creative, though.
  • I baked some lemon bread for my coworkers as a thank you for helping me to get my computer hooked up to the internet.
  • I bought a sazzy new printer. It's red. It does the auto duplex printing thing. It's having trouble printing out a picture and I have yet to determine if it's the problem, the paper is the problem, or if the camera was just in the wrong hands.
  • I went with Phillip to visit the Tias for a day. We had some yummy carnita tacos, and no dessert. Debbie was having a little trouble with the dessert thing. The day/meal just felt incomplete. Phillip got to visit with his grandfather
  • "Lost" has premired in its last season. I'm still obsessed with seeing it every week.
That brings me to this week. I'm sick. It started with a cough last week and got worse. I went to the doctor on Tuesday, and I also have a sinus infection. I got an asthma treatment for my lungs and some antibiotics. I'm not allowed to go to work until Monday. I have a doctor's note for when I return. I'm sure my desk will be loaded with little things to do, but right now, I don't care too much. My head is pretty clear at the moment, but my lungs aren't. They're still sore and I'm exhausted just walking up the stairs to my bedroom. I have guitar class and a crab feed to go to this weekend. We'll see how I feel. Until then, I'm trying to follow doctor's orders. I've done very little. The laundry has knocked me out, as have the dishes. I'm taking a cleaning-things break for today. I've been on Facebook a lot. There are so many quizzes and farming to catch up on. I've had to ignore a lot of gifts, though, and they're not showing up in my inbox. I'm guessing that they are just too old. Oh well. I'll live.

I wanna try to make some Irish Cream Brownies. While they're a St. Patrick's Day recipe, I'll have to make them after Easter. But, man, their picture looks yummy on my wall calendar!

4 Comments:

  • hey, i'm a faithful reader!!!
    all the blogs are on my RSS feed, so i know when they're updated

    By Blogger Arrowhead, At 3/04/2010 06:50:00 PM  

  • woohoo, thanks for the shoutout! i have many comments. can't believe you gave up TWO things for Lent. isn't it usually just one thing? i didn't know you had a guitar. what's auto duplex? where's the crab feed? do irish creme brownies have alcohol in them?

    get well soon.

    dk

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 3/05/2010 02:04:00 PM  

  • hey I read too! I hadn't checked for a while though...(sorry)... by now you're probably better though, hm? :)

    By Blogger carolyn, At 3/11/2010 04:05:00 PM  

  • oooh, readers! :>)

    You usually only give up one thing for Lent, but Phillip and I are sharing. He wanted to give up on eating out, and I wanted to give up sweets. Supportive-ness!

    The guitar was my dad's and I claimed it years ago from the attic. I'm just now starting to learn anything.

    Auto-duplex printing is when the printer prints one side of the page, sucks it back inside, and prints the other side of the page ALL BY ITSELF. I don't have to handle the paper at all!! :>) very cool.

    The Crab Feed was in Tracy at the Portuguese Federation hall.

    The Irish Cream Brownies do have alcohol, but it's a tasty one. I like to drink it w/o any mixers. Just Bailey's over ice is good enough for me.

    I'm better now. My lungs are still wheezy and loud, but the doctor says that'll take a few more weeks to heal.

    By Blogger amy, At 3/15/2010 08:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home