Life in the Golden State

Monday, March 15, 2010

These past few days...

I'm almost over my sickness. The sinus infection is gone, and my lungs are almost back to "normal".

This past week had two birthdays, and it sounds like everyone had fun. Krishneel was surprised by his honey, who came all the way from Toronto... I didn't get to see Krishneel for his birthday this year.... Andrea's birthday outing on Saturday 3/13 was at Krayons in Castro Valley. We were able to get caught-up some, and I visited with a few old coworkers from DCSS. It was nice. The only thing I didn't like was the awful girl who loved to kareoke. She sounded good for the Titanic song, and it just went downhill from there. The drunk chickie finally left to everyone's relief. Phillip was a croud-pleaser. Andrea's made him kareoke before, and the fans were quite encouraging for a repeat performance. Since it was her birthday, he indulged her in a duo for "Love Shack". She then wanted to sing another song, and made him duo "Endless Love". The second song was waaaay too hard for them, but the DJ wouldn't cancer-it b/ she was off smoking. They just did their best, and it was waaaay better than anything the Titantic-lady sung that night.

This weekend had all the highlights as I also had a date-night with Phillip on Friday. We hadn't been alone in a while, so it was nice to be w/o parents for a few hours. After making a vegetarian meal out of Mexican leftovers that we had here at the house, we went to see "Avatar" in 3D. It was cool, but I'm not too sure it was worth the ticket price. I'll let Phillip judge as it was only his first time seeing the movie. On Saturday, before the kareoke at Krayons, I enjoyed dinner with friends at Louis' house. We were able to skype those that are very far away, and then ended the event with a energetic game of Cranium.

The last few days were good and pretty busy. I missed having the chicas here this weekend, but it was also nice to get some sleep after very late nights on Friday and Saturday. I look forward to seeing them soon as the family birthdays start to bombard me.

The time change sucks. I'm tired. I want to go to bed now, but I can't b/ there is laundry in the dryer. It's my nice work clothes, so I have to keep checking them for minimal wrinkle-age as they dry. Who wants to iron if you don't have to? Not I. After this load, though, I'm heading to bed. (And, yes, I should have started the clothes earlier while I ate dinner, but I'd forgotten that I wanted to do laundry after work today)

Hope everyone has a good week!

2 Comments:

  • yes, phillip is the most excellent karaokier and i would venture to say that he is the very best of our lovely group of friends.

    dk

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 3/16/2010 06:48:00 PM  

  • i would say dear inyad is purty durn good herself.. but anyway, i did laundry too and have been tired from the time change, although finally adjusting.. sounds like your days are going well :)

    By Blogger carolyn, At 3/17/2010 08:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home