Easter Weekend 2010
Well, Miss Katherine has left CA. She's offically living in Reno, NV with Matt and "the Rabbits" (I can't remember their real names). She packed a little before the Kiwis (MJ and Nate) came for the week, and then finished with their help, I'm sure. KT took them to SFO on Sunday morning (where they were moving on to Las Vegas), and then started packing the moving van with her entire condo of stuff.
On Saturday, we had a lot of family over as everyone wanted to see KT one last time before she left. Even Uncle Eric and his family came. It was great to see them again as it's been years since they came to a family event. We had a feast consisting of lasagna, chicken breasts (Rachel Ray's recipe), green salad, broccoli, garlic bread, and peas (courtesy of Phillip). The peas were a big success, and I think they stole the show. Everyone kept asking Phillip how to duplicate his mom's recipe. :>) Dessert was those custard pies with the fruit from Safeway. Phillip and I didn't have any, of course, because of our Lent sacrifices. I left the party early for a concert and Phillip went home.
I met Claire at the Oakland Arena for a FREE concert on Saturday night. It was a show called "Hot Country Nights". Claire's friend has won two tickets from 95.7 The Wolf, but she couldn't go b/ she was sick. She gave the tickets to Claire. I know that I wasn't Claire's first choice of companion, but I still enjoyed the show. It had started much earlier in the night with Michelle Branch and someone else. We got there around 7pm, and so we only saw Blake Shelton and Dierks Bentley. It was a good concert, but far from sold out. I'm sure that the Easter weekend had something to do with it. We had fairly good seats and didn't have to stand at all except out of desire for a fun, upbeat song. That was fine by me as I'd been cleaning and cooking all day.
After the concert, Phillip asked if I wanted to stop by his house. I said sure, since I was pretty awake, and I helped (OK watched) him finnish some of the Easter cookies. I also got my first taste of chocolate candy at 12:01am on Sunday. :>) We were happy.
Easter passed without much drama. We didn't celebrate it at my house b/ the girls were with their mom that weekend, and Dad was helping Kate to pack the moving van. Instead, I got to spend it at the Toste house with only a few of his family members, making it a relatively quiet event. Being Easter and all, we were able to taste the cookies he made and the red velvet cake (which I frosted expertly). Our feast was just that - a feast. We had ham, pork chops, peas, beans (Emeril's recipe), yams, Portuguese sweet potatoes, bread, and I think I'm missing something else. Mrs. Toste planned waaay too much food, but there were a ton of leftovers to enjoy. I took home some ham and beans for a lunch.
Monday was a day off for me. I took a Furlough Day, and I didn't do too much. I played online, did laundry, and cleaned the kitchen. That afternoon, Dad came home and we went to the opening day game for the A's. We met some family friends at the BART station to tailgate, but we didn't eat. I almost finnished a beer, though. ALMOST! It was a light beer made by Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville company. I think I only got so far down in the bottle was my desire to not be wasteful. I just said I'd drink a water, and the middle-aged men conned me into a beer. The game wasn't the greatest. I was absolutely cold the entire time. The fact the game sucked wasn't so awful as it meant that I got to leave sooner than if the teams were evenly matched. :>) Dad and I had our traditional Big Hot Dog dinner, consisting of the ginormous hot dog and a beer/soda. I wished I had a chance to talk with the "kids" that were seated behind us, but it was akward and they'd brought some of their college friends. Maybe I'll look for them on Facebook and chat a bit? hmmmm.
Work is really slow for me this week, and I'm looking forward to the weekend again. I hope everyone is well.
Oh, and one more thing...... Welcome Back to CA, Jen!
On Saturday, we had a lot of family over as everyone wanted to see KT one last time before she left. Even Uncle Eric and his family came. It was great to see them again as it's been years since they came to a family event. We had a feast consisting of lasagna, chicken breasts (Rachel Ray's recipe), green salad, broccoli, garlic bread, and peas (courtesy of Phillip). The peas were a big success, and I think they stole the show. Everyone kept asking Phillip how to duplicate his mom's recipe. :>) Dessert was those custard pies with the fruit from Safeway. Phillip and I didn't have any, of course, because of our Lent sacrifices. I left the party early for a concert and Phillip went home.
I met Claire at the Oakland Arena for a FREE concert on Saturday night. It was a show called "Hot Country Nights". Claire's friend has won two tickets from 95.7 The Wolf, but she couldn't go b/ she was sick. She gave the tickets to Claire. I know that I wasn't Claire's first choice of companion, but I still enjoyed the show. It had started much earlier in the night with Michelle Branch and someone else. We got there around 7pm, and so we only saw Blake Shelton and Dierks Bentley. It was a good concert, but far from sold out. I'm sure that the Easter weekend had something to do with it. We had fairly good seats and didn't have to stand at all except out of desire for a fun, upbeat song. That was fine by me as I'd been cleaning and cooking all day.
After the concert, Phillip asked if I wanted to stop by his house. I said sure, since I was pretty awake, and I helped (OK watched) him finnish some of the Easter cookies. I also got my first taste of chocolate candy at 12:01am on Sunday. :>) We were happy.
Easter passed without much drama. We didn't celebrate it at my house b/ the girls were with their mom that weekend, and Dad was helping Kate to pack the moving van. Instead, I got to spend it at the Toste house with only a few of his family members, making it a relatively quiet event. Being Easter and all, we were able to taste the cookies he made and the red velvet cake (which I frosted expertly). Our feast was just that - a feast. We had ham, pork chops, peas, beans (Emeril's recipe), yams, Portuguese sweet potatoes, bread, and I think I'm missing something else. Mrs. Toste planned waaay too much food, but there were a ton of leftovers to enjoy. I took home some ham and beans for a lunch.
Monday was a day off for me. I took a Furlough Day, and I didn't do too much. I played online, did laundry, and cleaned the kitchen. That afternoon, Dad came home and we went to the opening day game for the A's. We met some family friends at the BART station to tailgate, but we didn't eat. I almost finnished a beer, though. ALMOST! It was a light beer made by Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville company. I think I only got so far down in the bottle was my desire to not be wasteful. I just said I'd drink a water, and the middle-aged men conned me into a beer. The game wasn't the greatest. I was absolutely cold the entire time. The fact the game sucked wasn't so awful as it meant that I got to leave sooner than if the teams were evenly matched. :>) Dad and I had our traditional Big Hot Dog dinner, consisting of the ginormous hot dog and a beer/soda. I wished I had a chance to talk with the "kids" that were seated behind us, but it was akward and they'd brought some of their college friends. Maybe I'll look for them on Facebook and chat a bit? hmmmm.
Work is really slow for me this week, and I'm looking forward to the weekend again. I hope everyone is well.
Oh, and one more thing...... Welcome Back to CA, Jen!

2 Comments:
please describe portuguese sweet potatoes.
dk
By
Anonymous, At
4/08/2010 01:55:00 PM
They're sweet potato shape, kinda futball-like, but small, like the size of my fist. They have a purple-ish, brownish skin, but have a cream-colored inside. Phillip knows their English name, but I can't remember.
By
amy, At
4/17/2010 02:25:00 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home